We are currently looking for exceptional engineers to join our outstanding and successful software engineering teams in Cambridge and London.
Join StarLeaf and let your engineering ability come into its own – giving you the freedom to excel and innovate. At StarLeaf the exact domain of your past experience is less important than your ingenuity and your passion for technology.
Apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We make extensive use of continuous integration and deployment methodologies based on tools such as Salt, Jenkins/Buildbot, pytest, C++ Catch and homegrown automated system test frameworks, with an emphasis on high quality, well tested code and a quick turn around time for adding new features to our products. This makes for a fast paced and satisfying work environment with direct feedback from our customer base into the development process.
Aspects of the role include:
- Analysis of requirements and invention of the best solution
- Taking responsibility for an area of functionality and delivering it
- Contributing to top-level discussions on architecture and future features
- Development of your own ideas
At StarLeaf you will be actively encouraged to explore, and innovate. We want you to have fun, be challenged and to develop your creativity and skills by doing the things you believe in and that bring you the most satisfaction. Our teams are highly technical and we all share a common enthusiasm for solving difficult problems with a wide range of technologies, from cutting-edge to well-established.
- 1 or 2.1 degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or a related discipline
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas – advanced object orientated design in C++ or Python, development in a Linux environment, a detailed understanding of database technologies such as SQL, Elastic Search or Cassandra, TCP/IP networking, high performance real time systems, Linux kernel development
- Passion for technology
As a member of our rapidly growing company, you will be presented with exciting opportunities to progress your career. You will make a real difference to the service we provide our customers today and be crucial to how they and the company evolve. Best of all you will be joining an exciting technology start-up that is on the cusp of great success.
- Good salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- EMI share option scheme
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance
- Life insurance of four times salary
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Assistance with relocation expenses if applicable
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly, motivated group and stimulating environment
Profile: Sam Jansen
Sam joined StarLeaf as a senior engineer in February 2009.
“I graduated in 2003 from Waikato University in New Zealand with a 1st in Computing and Mathematical Sciences. After completing a PhD (simulation of TCP), I joined the world of commerce – most recently working with Google at its HQ in Mountain View, California. I relocated from the USA to join StarLeaf in Cambridge because I wanted to be part of a world-class start-up, which is fun to work for and has the ambition to be very successful. It’s a great place to work.”