We are currently looking for exceptional graduate engineers to join our outstanding and successful engineering teams based in Cambridge and London. For StarLeaf, your specific knowledge and experience is less important than your ingenuity and your passion for technology.
At StarLeaf you will be actively encouraged to explore, and innovate. We want you to have fun, be challenged and to develop your creativity and skills by doing the things you believe in and that bring you the most satisfaction.
Apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com.
We make extensive use of continuous integration and deployment methodologies based on tools such as Salt, Jenkins/Buildbot, pytest, C++ Catch and homegrown automated system test frameworks, with an emphasis on high quality, well tested code and a quick turn around time for adding new features to our products. This makes for a fast paced and satisfying work environment with direct feedback from our customer base into the development process.
Aspects of the role include:
- Analysis of requirements and invention of the best solution
- Taking responsibility for an area of functionality and delivering it
- Contributing to top-level discussions on architecture and future features
- Development of your own ideas
- A 1 or 2.1 degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or a related discipline
- Passion for technology (perhaps evidenced by a hobby interest)
- If you have published any of your personal or academic projects on GitHub or elsewhere, then we’d love to know about them and discuss your work in an interview.
As a member of our rapidly growing company, you will be presented with exciting opportunities to progress your career. You will make a real difference to the service we provide our customers today and be crucial to how they and the company evolve. Best of all you will be joining an exciting technology start-up that is on the cusp of great success.
- Starting salary of up to £40,000 per annum
- Salary review after 6 months, 12 months and then annually
- EMI share option scheme
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance
- Life insurance of four times salary
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly, motivated group and stimulating environment
Profile: Richard Heatley
Richard joined StarLeaf in September 2008. At school he achieved 4 As at A2 including one of the top 5 marks in the country in Computing. Richard then went on to study Computer Science at Cambridge University, where he received several awards and was part of the winning team in the IBM UK University Team Challenge 2007.
“When I graduated, I had job offers from a number of firms. I chose to come to StarLeaf because it is a great opportunity to be part of a well-funded technology start-up with a great group of highly successful people. Right from the beginning, I have been given the chance to contribute to the core of StarLeaf’s product development. I truly believe that my contribution will make an important difference to StarLeaf’s success.”