UX Design Intern - 2020 Intake Job
Great Shelford, United Kingdom
So, you are sitting at Uni and you find yourself here, looking for an internship that you will not start until nearly a year away! Well, we salute you. The last thing you need during your exams next year is to have interviews to worry about, even worse, countless calls from recruiters telling you about an “exciting new opportunity.”
We are not hanging about either. We are interviewing people right now to start with us in 2020. It’s a win win, we get to hire the smartest people and you get to secure yourself an awesome internship and sit back and relax over the New Year break.
Get in touch with us now to find out some more and ask any questions you may have.
We aim to be flexible and will consider candidates for summer placements lasting for up to 3 months.
What will you do?
- Plan and coordinate user interviews and usability testing sessions
- Analyse test videos, document test results and suggest improvements
- Use usability inspection methods such as heuristics evaluation to find issues in products and product designs
- Create UI wireframes, interactive prototypes and visual design mockups
- Participate in creative ideation of UI solutions
How will the work you do impact the business?
- Help prioritise future product development by collecting information about unmet user needs
- Improve the quality of the products from the user’s point of view
- Speed up software development by finding potential issues before they get implemented
- Reduce the amount of support needed by eliminating usability issues in products
The top 5 skills and attributes we would love to see are:
- Test planning and coordination
- Familiar with common interaction patters, UI components and behaviour of desktop and mobile operating systems
- experience of UX design software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Framer, Axure
- visual design: color theory, typography, drawing skills
- good communication skills
If this sounds like you then you are our kind of person:
- You have started or are about to start studying for a degree in Product Design, Industrial Design, User Centred Design, or a related discipline
- Enjoy getting to the root of a problem and bringing a variety of potential solutions to the table
- Strive to create the best experience possible, exploring all avenues that contribute to the user's experience
- Have a portfolio or a way to show us what you can bring to this role
- Be good at communicating and conveying your ideas to others
Founded in 2008, StarLeaf enables seamless collaboration through intelligently engineered, reliable meeting room systems, superior video conferencing, and secure messaging.
We have been recognised as a Visionary in the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and as one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100.
Our culture is built on collaboration, inclusion, creativity and support. This permeates everything we do, across all our teams and operations. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a part to play in our success and that everyone should be rewarded for their contribution. This is why every single permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through the company’s share option scheme.
- Very good pay
- Can lead to a full-time position
- Weekly team lunches.
- If the sun is shining we are probably having a BBQ.
- Pub trips.
- Gaming competitions.
- Board game competitions.
- Poker nights.