Graduate Software Engineer - 2020 Intake Job
Watford, United Kingdom
So, you are in your final year at Uni and you find yourself here, looking for a job that you will start nearly a year away! Well, we salute you. The last thing you need during your exams next year is to have interviews to worry about, even worse, countless calls from recruiters telling you about an “exciting new opportunity.”
We are not hanging about either. We are interviewing people right now to start with us in 2020. It’s a win win, we get to hire the smartest people and you get to secure yourself an awesome job and sit back and relax over the festive break.
Get in touch with us now to find out some more and ask any questions you may have.
What will life as a Graduate Software Engineer at StarLeaf be like?
We organise our teams into small groups and you will be assigned your own personal mentor to give you the guidance and support as you undertake your first projects with us. We have plenty of engineers that went through this exact process and have now been with us for 5+ years. They understand what those opening months feel like and what it takes to succeed. You really are in great hands.
Every engineer at StarLeaf has autonomy and responsibility for their own projects - something that is simply not available at many other companies. There is plenty of opportunity to specialise in the areas that interest you most and as your career progresses with us, we work hard with you to find new learning and development activities - no matter what your level of experience.
The beauty of StarLeaf is, we own everything we do, nothing is outsourced. If something is not working, we work together, create a solution and fix it. It is incredibly rewarding to be a part of this process, this is how we get our kicks and this is why we became engineers in the first place.
We develop for mobile, the desktop and our own bespoke ranges of meeting room systems. Our products run on Linux, Windows, macOS, Android and iOS, across a range of computer architectures, ensuring a breadth and diversity of technologies.
**We are just putting the finishing touches to our own tech website. This will offer a deeper insight into our tech stack and we hope you will find it interesting and useful. Keep your eyes peeled.**
A typical StarLeaf Graduate Software Engineer profile
- Super smart STEM Grad.
- Likely a self-confessed tech nerd.
- Probably contribute to open source software as a hobby.
- Have been coding for a very long time.
- A driven individual - someone that has a desire to learn and to take ownership of their own projects.
- Get their kicks from solving complex problems.
What to expect in your interview
- Be ready to talk to us about why you have a passion for technology.
- What sparked your interest in software? What topics excite you most? How have you used technology to solve a real-world problem?
- Your experience with any particular languages isn't critical but it is always nice to see some code you have written. This is something we will likely talk through with you in your video interview. Any code you are proud of, please do share.
- Do not expect to know all the answers before you walk through the door. We do not expect you to. We like to see how you think on your feet and work through some problems you may not have encountered before.
Founded in 2008, StarLeaf enables seamless collaboration through intelligently engineered, reliable meeting room systems, superior video conferencing, and secure messaging.
We have been recognised as a Visionary in the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and as one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100.
Our culture is built on collaboration, inclusion, creativity and support. This permeates everything we do, across all our teams and operations. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a part to play in our success and that everyone should be rewarded for their contribution. This is why every single permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through the company’s share option scheme.
- Salary of £40,000.
- Regular salary reviews.
- Share options.
- Weekly team lunches.
- If the sun is shining we are probably having a BBQ.
- Pub trips.
- Gaming competitions.
- Free fitness sessions.
- Board game competitions.
- Poker nights.
- Stop coding and start baking, enter our infamous annual StarLeaf bake off.
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance.
- Life insurance of four times salary.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.