Software Engineer Intern - 2020 Intake Job
Great Shelford, United Kingdom
We are currently looking for 2020 Interns to join our software engineering team in Cambridge. Please apply now to express an interest.
We will be attending a lot of careers fairs between now and the end of the year, if you see us, please do come and say hello.
As an Intern in one of our software engineering groups, you will be assigned an experienced software engineer as your mentor and be given a desk within the group. We will identify a project suited to your level of experience that will deliver a feature or a tool that is directly applicable to our business. We will aim to make your experience as an intern as close as possible to that of a full-time member of our team, so that you gain a valuable understanding of how a software engineering team functions in a commercial environment whilst, at the same time, we have an insight as to your potential as possible future full-time StarLeaf employee.
Founded in 2008, StarLeaf enables seamless collaboration through intelligently engineered, reliable meeting room systems, superior video conferencing, and secure messaging.
We have been recognised as a Visionary in the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and as one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100.
Our culture is built on collaboration, inclusion, creativity and support. This permeates everything we do, across all our teams and operations. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a part to play in our success and that everyone should be rewarded for their contribution. This is why every single permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through the company’s share option scheme.
- You have started studying for a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Natural Sciences or a related discipline.
- Ideally you will have a working knowledge of C, C#, C++ or Python.
- Passion for technology, perhaps a hobby interest.
- If you have published any of your personal or academic projects on GitHub or elsewhere, then we’d love to know about them and discuss your work in an interview.
We aim to be flexible and will consider candidates for summer placements lasting for up to 3 months.
- Very good salary.
- Friendly, motivated group and stimulating environment.
- Can lead to a full-time position.