Digital Advertising Specialist Job
Watford, United Kingdom
The Digital Advertising Specialist will play an important role in managing and improving marketing strategy and execution, focusing on digital advertising, website SEO and understanding the flow of prospect data. Great performance will be reflected in an increase in lead generation, autonomous project management and implementation of programmatic techniques to increase marketing ROI. In addition, you will ensure that every marketing prospect is attributable to their source and synchronised to the correct internal tools. This will allow the marketing team to send insightful and compliant marketing emails and other communications using Pardot, our marketing automation tool.
Reporting into the Digital Marketing Manager, you will work within the marketing team to manage the paid advertising platforms (primarily Google Ads), take responsibility for reviewing new and existing website content for SEO and maintain forms on website pages for the purposes of data acquisition and conversion feedback. As such, we expect good knowledge of Google Analytics, Tag Manager and other reporting platforms. You would also be expected to understand and report back on performance and plans for optimisations.
This role requires the detailed creation and maintenance of your own process documentation. It is important that we look after our marketing data consistently and follow a structured procedure. You will be responsible for developing the processes surrounding SEO and paid advertising as well as being a key stakeholder in processes for data flow relating to acquisition of prospect information.
- Plan, design and implement advertising campaigns (primarily Google Ads), including detailed keyword research, competitor analysis, budget planning and optimisation for high quality micro and macro conversions.
- Plan, design and implement data analytics strategies to gain business intelligence data and to feedback into advertising campaigns for optimisation.
- Source key customer insights through data and testing to define KPIs and inform our digital campaigns.
- Be prepared to fail fast and learn from testing to optimise paid search campaigns with a clear actionable analysis to create net growth.
- Work with our website developers by specifying appropriate metrics and behavior tracking required to inform on-going advertising campaigns and marketing intelligence.
- Ensure that there are rules in place to distribute new leads to the right team.
- Ensure data hygiene and effective tracking from SEO and PPC activities to Pardot.
There will be guidance available from the Digital Marketing Manager, but a successful candidate will be able to independently create and maintain high performance campaigns. Resources and information will always be made available when needed.
- Provide content and website structure suggestions to our internal teams to improve SEO.
- Review forms and triggers on the website to ensure appropriate data collection and conversion tracking.
- Review new website content for SEO purposes prior to publishing.
- Review existing website content using manual and automated methods for SEO optimisation.
- Liaise with the website development team to specify design changes and new functionality required by the marketing team for the purposes of analytics and improving conversions.
- Ensure that our marketing activities and processes are GDPR compliant.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest marketing technology trends and investigate uses for the company.
- Create and maintain documentation and written processes for key operational activities.
- 2:1 or higher technical degree
- 2+ years of experience with Google Analytics, Google Ads/SA360 and Google Tag Manager
- Ability to query large datasets using Excel or Python
- Excellent analytic, quantitative and problem solving skills with proven record of determining and executing on actionable insights
- Experience reading API documentation and integrating with other technology platforms
- Experience in using tagging platforms to execute proper data flow
- Able to consistently approach loosely defined problems with logic and rigour
- Experience of reviewing website copy for SEO purposes and implementing tools to automate website health checking
- 2:1 or higher technical degree in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or Statistics/Economics
- Experience with Pardot and Salesforce
- Competitive salary
- Salary review annually
- EMI share option scheme
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance
- Life insurance of four times salary
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Gym and Cafe on site
- Free fruit, nuts and weekly takeaways
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- The opportunity to join a friendly, motivated group of people who are all very excited about the StarLeaf journey
Founded in the UK in 2008, we have a global footprint with representation on every continent and offices across the world. We are on a mission to transform the way businesses communicate and collaborate by designing intuitive, secure, and reliable video conferencing and online meeting solutions.
In September, the company was named in the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100.
Our culture is built on collaboration, inclusion, creativity and support. This permeates everything we do, across all our teams and operations. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a part to play in our success and that everyone should be rewarded for their contribution. This is why every single permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through the company’s share option scheme.