Graduate Solutions Engineer Job
London, United Kingdom
Are you a recent science or engineering graduate with an outgoing personality and a passion for technology? Then perhaps solution consulting/sales engineering is the career path for you. StarLeaf, one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK, is seeking to hire a Graduate Solutions Consultant. You will receive all the necessary training to quickly become a key member of the UK & Ireland sales team.
Founded in 2008, StarLeaf enables seamless collaboration through intelligently engineered, reliable meeting room systems, superior video conferencing, and secure messaging.
We have been recognised as a Visionary in the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions and as one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100.
Our culture is built on collaboration, inclusion, creativity and support. This permeates everything we do, across all our teams and operations. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a part to play in our success and that everyone should be rewarded for their contribution. This is why every single permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through the company’s share option scheme.
Aspects of the role include:
You will be responsible for technical sales support across the UK and Ireland, including:
- Becoming a StarLeaf product expert, and being able to present and demo our solutions at customer sites, channel partners and trade shows/events nationwide.
- Tailoring these presentations and product demonstrations as required for different customer types, and audience technical levels.
- Explaining technical differentiators between StarLeaf and alternative video solutions
- Working closely with the StarLeaf UK and Ireland commercial sales team
- Providing technical product training to channel partners
- Responding to functional and technical questions arising from product evaluation trials and RFx
- Advising on optimal StarLeaf product configuration for different customer environments
- Communicating customer product requirements and feature requests to StarLeaf Product Management
- Technical post-sales activities including assisting channel partners with deployment of large projects, customer meetings to gather technical feedback, and support case escalation
- 2:1 Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT, Computing, Physics, Maths or Engineering
- Some networking experience is preferred, including familiarity with concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, firewalls, proxies
- Comfortable in a commercial sales environment
- Professionally presented and comfortable presenting to a room
- Skilled at time management
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Demonstrable passion for technology. We will ask about this at your interview!
- Live within 30 miles of our Watford office, and must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time across UK&I region, with occasional international travel.
- Competitive salary.
- Salary review annually.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance.
- Life insurance of four times salary.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- The opportunity to join a friendly, motivated group of people who are all very excited about the StarLeaf journey.