StarLeaf owns and operates a global video communications network, the StarLeaf OpenCloud, with ten Points of Presence across North America, Europe, Asia and Australasia. The infrastructure on which this communications network is based is entirely developed by StarLeaf and provides a powerful, reliable platform for the provision of video conferencing as a service to businesses globally.
We do not use or rely upon any third-party legacy infrastructure, which places us in a unique position to rapidly respond to, and continually evolve our service to meet, the demands of our users.
The underlying technology combined with many advanced techniques, provides users with:
- The ability to call anyone, anywhere, irrespective of the type of their device, whether it is Microsoft Skype for Business/Lync, Cisco, Polycom, Lifesize or any other standards-based endpoint
- Exceptional quality of service and call quality
- Security to ensure the privacy of all calls
- Reliable firewall traversal without the need to open up ports through the firewall
- Simple remote provisioning, monitoring and reporting
- A web portal for user and endpoint management
- The ability to register and manage not only StarLeaf endpoints but also any standards-based endpoints already owned
We have Points of Presence (PoPs), strategically located all around the world to ensure unparalleled connectivity and efficient call routing with low latency. We use advanced techniques to deliver the highest possible quality of service whatever the network, such as the use of resilient codecs (H.264 SVC and AAC-LD), forward error correction, direct media paths and dynamic bandwidth management. These techniques deliver exceptional quality, not only over enterprise-class, MPLS wide area networks, but also over less reliable networks such as the Internet.
The StarLeaf OpenCloud is fully redundant and duplicated at each of our PoPs. Therefore, in the exceptional case of failure at any one of our data centers, we will automatically redirect connections to an alternative PoP.
At the heart of the StarLeaf OpenCloud is a management portal that gives you complete control over your video conferencing deployment. From this one dashboard you have the ability to provision and manage video endpoints, rooms and users, including all adds, moves and changes. You can control the distribution of the StarLeaf Breeze software client to any or all of your users. There is also the facility for the management and registration of your existing video endpoints, alongside any StarLeaf hardware endpoints and software clients.